It’s almost Memorial Day weekend, the sun will hopefully be shining, and it will be a good time to take your kids out for some fun! Here are some local activities that can be memorable for the entire family!
- Viva! Vienna Saturday, May 28th – Monday, May 30th 10AM-6PM in Vienna, VA. Come out and enjoy rides, food, crafts, vendors, and entertainment all weekend long! More information found here.
- Learn to Meditate hosted by the Meditation Museum in Silver Spring, MD on Saturday, May 28th from 11AM – 12PM. Looking to help your teens learn some new techniques on calming down and being mindful? Sign up for the FREE class, here.
- National Memorial Day Parade on Sunday, May 30th from 2-4 PM in Washington, DC. This event is free and open to the public. More information when you click here.
- History Series Special Guided Tour for Memorial Day hosted at the Arlington Cemetery. Attend this informative tour of the Arlington Cemetery led by a historian. Tours are free, but registration is required. Learn more about the event and register, here.
- Smithsonian Sci-Fi Sunday Screening – Batman v. Superman hosted by the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum at 4:15 PM. Great for parents, teens, and younger kiddos. Find more information, here.
- City of Annapolis Memorial Day Parade Can’t make the parade in DC on Sunday? Venture to Annapolis for the parade on Monday, May 30th at 10AM and enjoy a fun filled day by the water! Information for the parade can be found here.
- Tours of the Soldiers Home National Cemetery hosted by President Lincoln’s Cottage. Tours are free and run from 10:45 AM – 12:30PM. Immerse the whole family in the history that the DMV area has to offer! Click to register.
No matter what you choose to do, Memorial Day weekend is a great way to kick off the summer with fun filled activities. Use this time with your family to get out, learn, bond, and have fun! We'd love to receive any pictures of your Memorial Day Weekend festivities! For a chance to be featured on the Barker Facebook page or Blog, send pictures, videos, or stories to Alex Williams at awilliams [at] barkerfoundation.org.